KEY to METALS Facts
Full-featured KEY to METALS Database covers metal alloys properties from 58 countries/standards and includes:
- More than 4,500,000 property records for over 185,000 alloys – steel, iron, aluminum, titanium, copper, magnesium, tin, zinc, lead, nickel, cobalt, and more
- Chemical composition
- Standard reference
- Physical properties
- Mechanical properties
- Heat treatment details and diagrams
- Properties on elevated and low temperatures
- Weldability properties
- Metallographic images
- Application guidelines
- Most comprehensive tables of equivalent materials worldwide
KEY to METALS Editions
KEY to METALS can be purchased as a Web Edition which requires an internet connection or as CD ROM Edition which is installed on a PC, or both.
Web Edition provides you with:
- Unlimited number and frequency of accesses, searches and data retrieving from the Web Databases for one person in one year
- Free Web Databases and software updates every month
- Free technical support and our special e-mail consulting services for additional information about metal materials.
CD Edition provides:
- Database on CD ROM and a single user License that NEVER expires
- Portable solution which can be used offline and on the move
- Free technical support and our special e-mail consulting services for additional information about metal materials
Or, take advantage of special pricing by purchasing the combination of the CD and Web Edition, to get best of both worlds – online and offline – and save up to $540!
KEY to METALS Optional Modules
Enhanced functionality for specialized tasks is available with KEY to METALS optional add-on modules.
- Extended Range: Provides advanced material properties resource for structural and thermal calculations – stress-strain curves, cyclic properties, fracture mechanics and creep properties. The Extended Range data is intended to help qualified engineers find relevant information while substantially saving time and effort as they investigate the anticipated behavior of specific materials. Click here to learn more.
- SmartComp: Provides rapid identification of metals based on the chemical composition as obtained by spectrometer or others sources. Patented algorithms utilize Artificial Intelligence, statistical theory and fuzzy sets to generate relevant matches for a given analysis. Recognized by the leading spectrometer producers worldwide, this unique tool will save both time and money for those who need to identify materials.Click here to learn more.
- Key to Suppliers (beta): Finding suppliers for a particular metal has just become much easier. Thousands of grade designations within the KEY to METALS Database have been matched to hundreds of suppliers from around the world.
Alternatives materials (and suppliers) can be identified by using KEY to METALS’ proprietary chemical and mechanical properties cross-referencing tools. Click here to learn more.
- PLUS Module (beta): covers non-metallic materials including polymers, composites and ceramics. The structure of the PLUS database follows the general Key to Metals data structure, with the addition of some extra modules included in order to take into account some of the more specific properties related to non-metallic materials. Besides density, modulus of elasticity and alike, the physical properties data includes optical (index of refraction and transmittance) and rheological properties. Also included are a range of advanced property datasets including stress strain and fatigue information for selected materials. Click here to learn more.