Problem: Material Identification
New generation of instruments can now provide you chemical analysis of a metal literally in seconds. BUT…
You still cannot figure out what it really is. You cannnot get neither grade designation, nor its origin and properties, nor its equivalents. Books, classic data collections and search engines CANNOT answer those questions because:
- Instruments detect trap elements, impurities and oligoelements, not defined by standard specifications; their presence would be ignored by an expert, but search engines are bogged down by those elements
- There is a measurement error and non-homogeneity in the material
- They cannot really rank elements by relevance for the analyzed metal
Hence material identification still induces costs and decreases revenue through
- Thousands of working hours spent in research, sometimes in vain
- Higher cost of communication, acquiring specifications and standards
- Increased rework and scrap due to inadequate material selection
- Lost business and opportunities on domestic and international market.
The Solution: SmartComp, KEY to METALS Intelligent Search by Chemical Analysis
SmartComp, the worldwide unique program for unprecedented chemical analysis search, will resolve the most complex identification in 3 simple steps, in less than a minute.
- Step 1. Enter analysis as you received it from the measurement instrument, from metallurgical lab or from documentation.
- Step 2. By using original expert reasoning module and patented SmartMetals technology, based on fuzzy sets and metallurgical expertise, SmartComp distinguishes important composition variations from the noise and trap elements and provides you with a list of possible matches, prioritized by similarity factors.
- Step 3. Using the lookup feature and hotlinks to the KEY to METALS Database you can click alloys from the list to immediately review their variations from the given composition, or go directly to the KEY to METALS Database to view detailed material properties.